a collection of interesting and not-so-interesting things. including information on current & upcoming projects.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Spoony B update

So I completed a rough cut on my first film as director, How Spoony B Got His Ho Back, today. Went into the Winnipeg Film Group with editor/star Aleksander Rzeszowski and co-creator/Under Pressure guitarist Patrick Short. Peter Vesuwalla dropped by for a little while. All is looking good. Should be able to finish up a fine cut by the end of June or middle of July. For now, Alek is in a play that everyone should see:

... or in the next
a new play by Ken L. Freund
June 16-18 and 23-25
Joint Theatre, 3rd floor 62 Albert St.
9 PM

Ken plays the villianous Snidely S. Cracker in Spoony B --- been laughing at his outstanding performance all day.

I'm also working on another film, a short experimental poem/film called Worms which I am putting together in the WFG's tinting and toning workshop. Will go in tomorrow and try to finish that thing off, at least the physical film manipulation. Again, I won't finish that film until July sometime, maybe August.

In the meantime I will be trying to both find an apartment in Calgary and doing some pre-production on Opening Band.

Still trying to write two books at the same time. Actually, I am doing rather well in this quest. A little behind on my prose but not too bad. I am happy with how things are shaping up. Going to try to get more exercise these days too. I would like to lose a little weight and get in better shape. Healthy mind and body and all that jazz.

Doing my pre-Calgary reading as well, will re-read Maus soon (maybe tomorrow). This morning I read Dennis Cooley's first book, Leaving. On my reading shortlist is War of the Worlds, Maurice Mierau's book on Tuberculosis, and Susan Sontag's book on TB, AIDS, and Cancer. Also Sontag's On Photography which Gloe Cormie was so kind to lend me.

After that I am going to read Kafka's Amerika (lost my copy and ordered a new one) and I will then read a bunch of short fiction by Hemingway, Faulkner, Nabokov, Mann, and Dostoevsky. This is the summer of short fiction, as far as I am concerned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home