a collection of interesting and not-so-interesting things. including information on current & upcoming projects.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Strings & Things

Because my Stephen King (Dark Tower) books have not yet arrived, I have decided to spend my spare time learning theoretical physics.

When I tell people things like this they look at me strangely. Specifically, I am trying to gain a basic comprehension of space-time and string theory. At the moment I am reading Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time which has been collecting dust on my shelf for some time. After that, I am going to read The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene. I got turned onto this book by watching documentaries on YouTube. If you search for "Elegant Universe" at www.youtube.com you should be able to see them yourself.

3 Comments:

Blogger lindseyw said...

I love YouTube. But mostly for the videos of people's cats doing cute stuff. And the OK Go treadmill movie.

10:29 PM

 
Blogger Jonathan Ball said...

what about close-ups of pets taken with a wide-angle lens?

10:45 PM

 
Blogger kaylen said...

string theory?

all i know is kittens love it when you drag them across the carpet. and that is a scientific fact.

5:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home