a collection of interesting and not-so-interesting things. including information on current & upcoming projects.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Gimli Film Festival, day 1

I'll be posting some images from the 2005 Gimli Film Festival, where I will be for the next few days. Last night was the opening night, saw a few films including some excellent animated fairy tales on loan from the Danish Embassy, three shorts animating Hans Christian Anderson stories. Went to an opening reception where I forgot to take pictures, and had a fine lunch on the patio. W.D. Valgardson was at the reception but I haven't read much of his work so I didn't talk to him, even though I love what I have read I thought it would be awkward. Matthew was a big fan of his earlier work but didn't like/know his later work much so he also refrained from approaching the man. An opportunity missed I'm sure, for both of us, certain to be an interesting man. Anyway, I am tired and about to begin a new day of festival stuff so I had better end this off. A few pictures below for the curious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home