a collection of interesting and not-so-interesting things. including information on current & upcoming projects.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Conference time

Well, it's been a wonderful month, visiting with Mandy in Saskatchewan and writing and studying and having fun. But tomorrow I'm off to Toronto, for the Film Studies Association of Canada Annual Conference. It's held in conjunction with the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences so I'll be attending both. So if you are going to be in the Toronto area call my cell and we'll hook up for good times. I'm also hoping to meet David Suzuki, one of the featured speakers at the Congress conference.

And feel free to attend the conference panels I'm on. I will be chairing a panel on Sunday, May 28, 9:00-10:40am in room ACW 005 at York called "Concepts of Horror and the Monstrous in Cinema." Then on Monday, May 29, I'll be presenting a paper on John Paizs' cult classic Crime Wave at 3:00-4:40pm in room ACW 206, along with Gene Walz and David Foster, both of whom I know from my time at the U of Manitoba. The panel is simply titled "Winnipeg!" (exclamation included).

For all you Calgary folk, I'll be back in Cowtown on June 3 at 9:30am. Airport pickups accepted.

1 Comments:

Blogger lindseyw said...

Have you seen the most recent naked David Suzuki picture? The one where he's posing at Atlas, clad only in a strategically placed maple leaf? Impressively buff. And he's 70!

8:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home