a collection of interesting and not-so-interesting things. including information on current & upcoming projects.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

at the moment

I am enjoying my new membership over at the ireadpretty blog. Posted on Life of Pi, some thoughts I've been meaning to expand into an essay for some time. Maybe I will finally get around to it next year sometime.

There are rumours of flying me in to Winnipeg to give a talk on Jeff Erbach's film The Nature of Nicholas but I'm not sure what will materialize out of it. In any case, it's supposed to come out on DVD soon. Wait for it...

I'm reading a bunch of things these days but just finished Murphy by Samuel Beckett which I highly recommend. Currently my "fun" reading includes Italo Calvino's If On a Winter's Night a Traveler and The Sandman: The Dream Hunters.

In a long-standing tradition of depicting me in comic form, kevin mcpherson eckhoff gave me a very cute little chapbook which depicts me drawing a stupid face and the word "loser" on Morpheus while he takes a nap. (The Morpheus from the Sandman comics by Neil Gaiman.) Thanks kevin! Lots of people showed up yesterday to celebrate the birthdays of myself and Chris Ewart, also a Nov. 4 baby. Thanks to everybody who came out and also to those who were unable to make it but expressed their regrets.

1 Comments:

Blogger kaylen said...

know what else is coming out on dvd?

the magus. oh, yes it is.

10:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home